Pages

Friday 25 February 2011

Flower Fancy - Bright and Cheerful

To all in Canterbury who have been affected by the earthquake, thoughts and prayers go your way.  My two sons who live and study in Christchurch are safe and are able to help others at this time.  The university is closed for 3 weeks.  It is a stressful time for all, with the ongoing aftershocks.  We are still so blessed though to have infrastructures in this country where help is so generously given and where we see people working so efficiently to have power and water restored as soon as possible to those without.  Sympathy is extended to any who have lost loved ones, or are unsure at this stage of there whereabouts.  
Today I want to show you what I came up with when playing with templates.  I wanted to use a large stamp with a clear outline.
 "Flower Fancy" has a wonderful clear large outline flower stamp in it's set, so that's what I used. I stamped onto the Pumpkin Pie card stock with Pumpkin Pie ink.  I then cut straight lines using my Fiskars cutter, up to the image line.  I then cut the rest of the flower out by hand.  I also cut out large flowers stamped onto DSP to match the Baja Breeze card stock.  The smaller flower is also cut out of DSP and layered on top.  The strips of chocolate chip card stock slot in and over under layers.  The leaves were created using the Big Shot and the Leaves #2 die and then crimped.  It's probably not my most exciting card ever, but I liked how I achieved the flower template using a single layer of card stock. The colour inspiration came from the DSP Greenhouse Gala.  What do you think!!!

Thanks for stopping by

No comments: