Pages

Thursday 28 October 2010

Razzle Dazzle in Blue

When I got my Designer Series Paper shares and saw "Blueberry Crisp" my first thought was, 'these are my sisters colours'.   I knew she had the Razzle Dazzle stamp set, which matches the DSP design perfectly, and she  has kindly loaned her stamps to me.  Thanks sis.  Here's what I came up with. It reminds me of Europe, where our family originally came from, the lace edge etc.  The ladies in our family sew and so I can just imagine a bodice with an embroidered design like the stamped image and a lace shirt underneath with a lovely lace edge.  I must admit, a card is quicker to make.
 I have second and third generation stamped on the white cardstock.
I was feeling a European flavour flowing after enjoying a visit with my sister and sharing her stories and photo's of a recent trip to Europe.  She even visited a bag museum, now that's really something down my alley.  
Here's the inside of the card.  Not Quite Navy is a good ink colour to use 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation stamping with, it has such depth and body. 

Card's look so finished with an inside, especially when the cardstock you are using is dark.  It's hard to write in them.  Paper liners are less bulky than using cardstock on the inside.  It's a great idea to take something of your card front design to the inside of your card.  Rubber stamping is OOOOHH so perfect for this.

Stampin' Up! supplies -
Razzle Dazzle stamp set
Cardstock - Pacific Blue, Not Quite Navy & Whisper White
Ink - Not Quite Navy, Versamark, Whisper White pigment ink
Other - White embossing powder, Eyelet Border Punch, DSP Blueberry Crisp, Heat tool

Thanks for stopping by.  
Hope this adds some dazzle to your day.







Email me if you'd like to have your own Razzle Dazzle stampset for $40.95 + postage