Pages

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Sunset Birthday Card

My oldest son had his birthday the other day, first ever away from home.  With my brayer arriving during the week it was time to start learning how to use it.  I wanted to make a special card, a blokes card.  Well here's my card.  I am fairly happy with it.  The only thing with having a brayer is wanting more ink colours and needing to buy reinkers.  Lots of fun though.  There are some amazing video tutorials out there, as it's been a while since High School art classes mucking around with a brayer. 
I had a few goes with torn paper and punched circle to effect the hills and sunset image.  This was inspired by the most amazing sky at night here the other week.  Nature is such an inspiration, we really only recreate what has already been created.
This is the sunset we had in Havelock North viewed from our lounge window.  So beautiful, love the silhouette of the street light.
I am pleased Mr M liked his card and parcel of goodies for his birthday.  I am assured he had a great day.  He was impressed that I had made this card for him.

Thanks for stopping by

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Anita - that is gorgeous. Nature provides great inspiration, doesn't it? And you've put it on cardstock beautifully.

Helen Williams said...

Very beautiful Antia.
I love using my brayer.

Frances said...

Love your card Anita, and what a beautiful sunset photo too!

Paula Dobson said...

What a beautiful card Anita! Right up my alley. Your colour choices are just perfect for the sunset. I love my brayer too!!