Pages

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Butterfly on Fern

When I chose the "Growing Green" stamp set, I thought I would have no trouble being creative with it, but it is taking a little work to find my Mojo with it.  I have coloured the fern with my pastels and then sprayed it with my new gold "Smooch Spritz".  I was quite surprised how bright green my Certainly Celery card stock looked between Early Espresso and Soft Suede card stock. It almost looks like the deleted Gable Green.
As I don't have every punch, I made my little tag, using the word window punch and cutting a straight edge on one side.  Sponging always adds such a lovely finish to projects, it softens edges and blends colours together subtly.
I love colouring in, so I have water coloured and cut out my butterfly. I rolled the edges up to give it a more authentic look, so it looks about to take flight.

Stampin' Up! supplies:
Stamp set: Growing Green, All a Flutter & Pocket Silhouettes
Card stock: Soft Suede, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso, Whisper White and Watercolour Paper
Other: Stampin' Pastels, Blender Pen, gold Smooch Spritz, sponges


Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great card, a simple layout yet really lovely. thanks for sharing

Keryn Campbell said...

Gorgeous Butterfly!!