Pages

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Strawberries for Christmas

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and had some special treats.  Most importantly, that they got some quality time in with family and friends.  Summer time in New Zealand means strawberries, and we have had plenty of those this summer in the Bay.  I decided already last year that my idea of a Christmas card would be a bit 'Kiwi-ana-ish'.  I did not manage to post cards last Christmas, but I did manage to get a  number out this year.  Here's one of the Christmas cards I promised to share, it's my take on a Kiwi Christmas card.
And because they have been picked oohh! so early in the morning, they have a bit of dew on them, to make them that much yummier. I picked strawberries in my youth, and you had to start work early!!
I hope you enjoyed this theme. I love how our Stampin' Up! stamp sets can be used in so many different ways, with different themes. 

Stampin' Up! supplies:
Stamp set: Tart and Tangy & Many Merry Messages
Cardstock: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White
Markers:  Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green
Other: Crystal Effects and Dimensionals 

Thanks for stopping by 

1 comment:

Frances said...

This is very cute - I remember going strawberry picking up in Napier a few years ago, just after Christmas too! I love the area you live in, all that stone fruit, sweetcorn, etc, and did I mention the wine?!