Pages

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Simply Said

It's about time I put a blog up, so here goes.  There have been such lovely projects to look at for Christmas and I have finally finished making all my Christmas cards, now for a few hours to fill them all in.  Once they are in the post I will share.
I was reminded recently how effective making your own designer card is. For this I pulled out my first ever Stampin' Up! stamp set that my daughter and I decided to purchase.  "Simply Said" has been well used at our house, with so many different ways to use it.  Here's a colour combo that has emerged and I must say, I quite like. Stamp up a sheet of A4 card and see how many cards or ways you can use up the whole sheet of card. I have some left over so I will be putting my thinking cap on how to use the rest.
I am not usually a purple girl, but I must admit that Perfect Plum has become one of my favourite crafting colours.  Pumpkin Pie is always a hit too.
I have made this flower using the Scallop Circle punch and Boho Blossoms punch.  I have put the flowers through my crimper and then smudged them with white ink.  A brad to finish them off, and they are ready to be worn on my card, a wonderful match for the rest of the outfit.
I also took up a challenge to add something to my blog that did not entail using the Big Shot.  I hope this satisfies that challenge Keryn!!

Stampin' Up! supplies used:
Stamp sets: Simply Said, Seasons of Joy & Fun & Fast Notes
Card stock: Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Perfect Plum and Sahara Sand
Ink: Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, Perfect Plum and Early Espresso
Punches: Scallop Circle and Boho Blossom

If you would like to order "Simply Said" for $58.95 plus p&h, then email me to place your order today. It's such a good value stamp set with 11 stamps in the set.
 
Thanks for stopping by 

1 comment:

Keryn Campbell said...

I've been such a bad girl and haven't checked you blog for ages. There's three new posts here today. Challenge beautifully met.