Pages

Thursday 2 December 2010

Circle Flower on DSP

I have had this DSP flower on my desk for a while now, with the intention of using it in a card.  Today I finally worked out how to finish it.  I have cut the circle using my Circles #2 die.  I have sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink to give it the distressed look.  I have used a layout from a Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft magazine. It's a good challenge to emulate an idea without having the exact supplies in hand.

The scallop edge is using 1" circles made into a template, traced onto card and then cut out.  This template is then traced and hand cut onto the desired card stock.
This doesn't have a home yet, but it's a good idea to have in the stash for that last minute "got to have a card" moment in your life.

Stampin' Up! supplies used are:
Card stock:- Naturals Ivory & Always Artichoke
DSP: Neutrals & Greenhouse Gala
Ink: Early Espresso
Ribbon: Early Espresso1/8" taffeta ribbon
Brad: Metalic 
Button: Subtles

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Julia said...

great card Anita! good to have those cards on hand too!!