Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Bees - from Nature Walk

Good morning.  The sun looks like it wants to warm us up and cheer our day today.  It is welcome. Here's a card I made a while ago, and as I love water colouring, not a surprise I was trying out my new "Nature Walk" stamp set using this technique. The very first technique that gave me that WOW factor at a workshop was the two circles (1 1/4" and 1 3/8") cut out with SU punches layered on top of each other.  Sometimes it's nice to go back and reuse the same technique.  I tend to get complicated sometimes and it's not necessary. Two of my downline promoted in March, and I sent this card to them. Congratulations Jo & Brenda. 
I have used Chocolate Chip card stock and double inked on it using the Sanded stamp with White Pigment ink and Early Espresso ink.  The bees have been black embossed on the card stock and also water coloured in the circles. They have been cut out using the 1 1/4" circle punch and layered onto a circle of More Mustard cut out using the 1 3/8" circle punch. They are laid on a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock that has had the edges ruffed up. 
Hope this gives you some inspiration.  Enjoy your day.
If you would like to learn some of these techniques then book a workshop, have some crafting friends over and I would be happy to show you how this technique is very easily achieved. Hawke's Bay only.
Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stunning work