Pages

Thursday 26 May 2011

A Flower for All Seasons - Sunflower

Well I did say I would post a card I had made with all four lovely images in "A Flower for All Seasons" stamp set.  So here's card number three. These sunflowers remind me of the year we planted heaps of sunflower seeds at the back of our property and were rewarded with a wonderful patch of really tall sturdy sunflowers.  They really are a very dramatic flower in a group planting.  Someone planted a "maize" with sunflowers in Upper Hutt one year.  What a wonderful idea.
I love making paper buttons using my Sizzlits Buttons #5 die.  Check out my earlier post on how I did this.
I love the wee detail of the ladybird climbing up the side of the pot. Terracotta pots develop there own character with age.  Cajun Craze is the replacement colour to Really Rust which I used to colour this pot.
I love small cards, they are so handy to have, wee notes that say so much.  I have left these cards with no greeting on the front, I can always add one later or use them for any occasion.
Stampin' Supplies
Card Stock: Garden Green, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
DSP: Woodland Walk
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Real Red & Garden Green
Other: Scallop Edge punch, Buttons #5 die, Big Shot, Crystal Effects, Linen Thread
Thanks for stopping by

No comments: