Pages

Saturday 28 May 2011

A Flower For All Seasons - Poinsettia

Here's the final installment in this series using the images in the stamp set "A Flower for All Seasons".  This lovely poinsettia has been coloured a lovely rich red, but they are also grown in cream. Did you know that?  I used to have a wonderful red Poinsettia under my kitchen window, when I lived in Perth, which flowered all year round.  We could grow such different plants there because of the lovely warm climate.
I have used only a corner of the embossing folder "Manhatten Flower" on the bottom of this card front.  This keeps it simple and has quite a striking effect.
I made my brad using a piece of card stock punched with a 1/4" circle punch and added crystal effects to it.  Quite effective isn't it? There's an option you may not have thought of if you don't have a matching brad.
Stampin' Supplies
Card stock: Not Quite Navy, Real Red
Inks: Real Red, Garden Green, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy and Bashful Blue
Other: Manhatten Flower embossing folder, Big Shot, Water colour paper, Aqua painter, Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Paula Dobson said...

Well you have been busy with this set! A lovely selection of cards Anita - you may have talked me into buying it!!