Pages

Thursday 9 September 2010

Caught Monarch

I thought I would share a card that went in my newsletter and that I made for my girlfriends birthday.  Having just moved to Hawkes Bay I knew I would miss out saying 'Happy Birthday' in person, so I wanted to make a card that expressed my love just the same. My girlfriend is a gardener, flowers are always a hit, but of course there's nothing like seeing a monarch in the garden, and then catching it.  I have seen this idea somewhere, but can't remember, so if this is your idea, please let me know.  
The stamp sets that are used here are "All a Flutter" and "Flower Fancy".  I have used the Sizzlits die "Little Leaves" using Old Olive card stock.  The flowers have been coloured with an aqua painter and Not Quite Navy ink.  The butterfly has been watercoloured on water colour paper and popped inside a "Sweet Treat Cup". To fit the "Sweet Treat Cup" you need the 1 3/4" circle punch for cutting the card stock for a perfect fit.  I hope you like this as much as I enjoyed making it. 

No comments: