Pages

Monday 20 September 2010

Strong like the Oak

Today's creation I want to share with you is my son's 21st invitation.  We needed to make a few, so we wanted the design to be simple, but needless to say, it still took time.  That's what's great about having helpers though.  Guys can use punches too, and so between us we got them all made.  My son loves the "Lovely as a Tree" stamps so we stuck to the theme of oaks.  I enjoyed the opportunity of designing this together with Anthony.  We had recently shifted and left our maturing oak behind, which we all felt sad about.  I have used the "Top Note" die through the Big Shot and punched the red leaves with the "Two-step bird punch".  The large oak leaf is cut out using the "Leaves #2" die.  I have stamped the large oak leaf  with grey ink on to grey card stock. We brought the oak tree stamp into the foreground using Old Olive ink on Kiwi Kiss card stock. The greeting is from the "Sincere Salutations" stamp set, also stamped in Old Olive ink.
You can see how a little sponging adds that extra bit of detail and effect.  All those dimensions make handmade cards so special and unique.  I hope you like this, we feel it came together well.  What do you think? There are some double themes here regarding the oak, we want all young men to be oaks and take up there place in society to be strong leaders and citizens.


"Lovely as a Tree" stamp set made it into the catalogue again and it's available for $58.95 plus shipping.  Get your order to me and start stamping.
 

No comments: