Pages

Wednesday 15 September 2010

More Butterflies

I just had to have a play with my new Embosslits die.  When you look through the catalogue, you don't fully appreciate the extent of the products available.  I was somewhat curious about these embosslits, but for such a small item, it's quite an impressive result.  On this card I used a dry embossing technique that was in our monthly magazine called Impressions.  When you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator you are given amazing ongoing tools from Stampin' Up! and the Impressions magazine is one of these.  I have then cut out the cream circle using my Circle #2 die.  I made the tag by trimming the card stock.  The is a simple card but none the less effective in it's simplicity.  KISS (keep it simply silly) is a good technique.
You can see close up here how intricate the Embosslit die is and how effective a few pearls are for that extra accent. The embosslit not only embosses the shape but also cuts it out.  Notice the different butterfly patterns and sizes.  How super easy is that.

Card stock: Old Olive, Not Quite Navy and Naturals Ivory
Dies: Embosslits Beautiful wings and Circle  #2
Other: Jewels Basic Pearls